THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

About Me

My photo
I enjoy wearing gothic cloths and become gothic.I don't care at all to those who criticize me. Being a Gothic, make me know myself much better. I am a law degree holder but currently further my study.I love Gothic fashion, music and architecture. Because of my love to the gothic world, makes me created this blog. I maybe small in size but I'm big in every other way. I'm an ambitious person and one day I know I will become a lawyer. I'm also a fully vegan its because I'm an animal lover.I wish someday people can accept Gothic or at least people will not look at us like we are freak. We are just a normal people, so do you.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009 - Switcth off the lights, Save the world

March 28, 2009 – Most country in the world take part in Earth Hour Campaign 2009. Earth Hour is a global event organized by the World Wildlife Fun(WWF) and is held on the last Saturday of March annually, asking households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and other electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate changes.

Earth Hour 2009 was from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. local time, March 28, 2009. 88 countries and more than 4,000 cities joined 'Earth Hour 2009', a huge increase from people participating in 35 countries for Earth Hour 2008.This is Malaysia’s first participation in the event since it started in Australia in 2007. In Kuala Lumpur, the gleaming Petronas Twin Towers went blackout as the clock struck 8.30pm. Other landmarks including the historical Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Angkasapuri, Menara TM, Menara Maybank, Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur Hospital and National Heart Institute also had their lights turned off.

I also have a chance to participate in this campaign by switched off the lights in my house. Staying in darkness for about an hour make me felt a little bored but it’s all worth because I’m contributed to the world in preventing global warming. Although what I did might be a little help but it all count.

No comments:

Post a Comment