THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

About Me

My photo
I enjoy wearing gothic cloths and become gothic.I don't care at all to those who criticize me. Being a Gothic, make me know myself much better. I am a law degree holder but currently further my study.I love Gothic fashion, music and architecture. Because of my love to the gothic world, makes me created this blog. I maybe small in size but I'm big in every other way. I'm an ambitious person and one day I know I will become a lawyer. I'm also a fully vegan its because I'm an animal lover.I wish someday people can accept Gothic or at least people will not look at us like we are freak. We are just a normal people, so do you.

Monday, August 10, 2009

GOTHIC LITERATURE

My sub-culture would be considered more of a counter culture. I am and always will be a goth. Let’s explain goth. In gothic literature; there are some elements that are associated that are associated in the counter-culture, for example, sinister setting. Black as most everyone knows is the goth color, and one of my favorite quotes is, "I only like black until i can find something darker". Theatrical make up is also a priority. One aspect i find coincidental is the shoes. Like most gothic novels there is a tower. Some shoes in the gothic culture turn even the smallest human beings into giants. Another theme is abnormal mind set, I am not saying that all goths are depressed or psychopathic. But an abnormal mind set, in my opinion, is think preternaturally. Like many counter cultures the main stream thought is not enough, things need to be analyzed. Studying and dabbling in the abnormal psychology is always fun. The supernatural, another aspect of gothic literature include; monsters, ghosts, zombies, all wonderful creatures. Anyone over the age of twelve knows that these beings, sadly, do not exist. I hate to admit that Lestat will not come whisk me away. Some goths believe in fact that they are these creatures. But that is physically impossible, unless you’ve been lobotomized, and that only applies to the zombie character. How does this play in the gothic culture? MEDIA!!!! We all love Nosferatus, Frankenstein, Lestat and his fantastic vampire clan. Gothic media has evolved through the years. Just think, The Munsters, the Adams Family to The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to Courage the Cowardly Dog. They are saturated in our literature also, The best example to me would be in The Martian Chronicles and the chapter titled as The House of Usher. Music is also laced with gothic culture, Toccata and Fuge by Bach to Concrete Blonde’s Blood Letting. The supernatural plays a major role in gothic culture. The last gothic element is imaginary over logic. The best example i can think of is Alice in Wonderland. Alice was board of books with no pictures, and down the rabbit whole she went and then through the looking glass. Fantasy is more fun than reality. How does this relate to me? 1) For many years I wore enormous pants and fishnet tops. My style of course has evolved and I’ve become lazy in appearance. Given the right mood I will paint elaborate swirls and script by my eyes, and load on the make-up. I will also squeeze myself into a corset, put on my bellowing and flowing skirt and tower over everyone in my six inch platform boots. My sinister setting. 2)Do I have an abnormal mindset? Yes, but that is none of your business. Do I think outside of the box? Yes, i always try to see and different view, and sometime sadistic view. 2) I grew up watching the supernatural, the Munsters, Adams Family, Ghost Hunters. I love supernatural music, especially Cradle of Filth's music. 3) Imaginary over logic; I use Alice in Wonderland is my all time favorite book, I love being detached and manipulating reality. Reality can be cold and mundane. I like to see things differently. I love creating stories and sometimes even living them. That is why I write, i love to live in an alternative reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment